Friday, March 10, 2017

Knitting, especially in the cold weather months of late fall, winter, and early spring here in the northwest corner of lower Michigan, is especially important to me. I knit a lot and I teach a lot during these months. I love teaching people how to knit and my students seem to be thrilled with learning this amazing craft that is thousands of years old. I am continually amazed at how much I learn through teaching, how many new friends I make, how much connectivity to community we all experience.

Just three of my many new sock knitters with their first socks:

Nancy
Wendy

Connie (Dory in background working on independent knitting project)



Carol (far right, seated) hosted a few members of our
Sat. morning knitting group.
New Year's Day, 2017
JR and Tony: Beginning Knitting
Two of only three male students in the 4 years
 I've been teaching adults.
                                                                   







Find My Fade - 7 colors decided
January 1, 2017

Find My Fade Finally Finished
02/19/2017

Nearly 9 feet long

Socks are just a few of the many things I have knitted over the past few months
Winter, 2016/17

Fingering weight.
Amy Tyler pattern #3
Colorway: Whaleback
Heavy worsted weight boot socks
Briggs & Little Tuffy

Hedgehog fibers: fingering weight
Colorway: Budgie
Amy Tyler pattern #3
Cast on: March 9, 2017



 Heavy worsted weight boot socks
Briggs & Little Tuffy


On another set of needles: Royally Striped by Steven West
A cocoon type shawl
Solid green - Plucky worsted
Other yarns will be used to create stripes

No comments:

Post a Comment