Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring in the Desert



Spring has arrived here in the Sonoran Desert with cool nights and warm, windy afternoons. Many of my herbs are flowering beautifully. Unfortunately, until I locate another suitable place in our yard for a garden I have to plant in pots as our Beagle mix, Molly, digs everything up. 




                  There are a couple of different kinds of lettuces plus radishes in this pot.


This little guy (below) spends his nights perched in a Mesquite right outside our bedroom patio door. Because the days are warm we like to keep this door open at night to let in the cool evening air. However, being a Mocking bird, he begins his repertoire about 10:00 p.m. every night and sings all night long. This wakes us up and we have to shut the door to sleep. I do hope he finds his mate soon and moves on to a location just a little way from our bedroom but still in the vicinity of our property. When we are up and about he is an absolute delight to watch and listen to.


My first and only (until now) post talked about my Dream Pillows. For the moment those are on the back burner to simmer for a bit longer. With school still in session and grades, report cards, standardized tests, and closing in on the end of the school year I have been a bit overwhelmed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment