Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Brief Return to Arizona: Part 4

Monday 02/11/13

Today I seriously challenged myself. My friend Barb, with whom I bunked during this vacation, and I drove to Michelle's house in north Phoenix. Brian, Michelle, Barb and I then went to the climbing "gym" where Brian and Michelle climb a couple of times a week. I really wasn't planning to climb - just watch. However, the kids had different ideas and so up I went.

Brian is explaining the roping system to me.


Brian is on belay and I'm going up . . . 
. . . and up . . . 
The wall is 32' high.  My hands are about 6' from the top. Michelle is above me taking the pic.

Coming down (rappel).
Brian climbing the chimney.

      Brian climbing with Michelle on belay.


     Michelle climbing (I missed the climb but got her rappel) with Brian on belay.

No comments:

Post a Comment